Sections: Software Development (SD) & Database Mgt System (DB)
Exam Date: Saturday September 9, 2017
- 9:00 am – 11:00 am (SD)
- 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm (DB)
Registration Dates: August 15, 2017 – Friday September 1, 2017
The GQE is required for ALL graduate students, and students must commence taking the examination by the second semester of enrollment in order to be eligible for department funding consideration. Students who fail a section of the examination are required to enroll in the related course at the next offering. Students are required to take BOTH sections of the exams in each offering unless they have already passed some sections of exams. The examination is closed book and written; each exam will be two hours.
What will be covered in GQE?
A set of selected textbooks will constitute the recommended review material for GQE. The reading list includes:
- Database Management System (DB):
- Fundamental of Database System, 7th edition, Elmarsi/Navathe (Chapters 1-11, 14-15, 20- 23, 25, 30).
- Software Development (SD):
- Software Engineering Theory and Practice, 4th edition by Shari Lawrence Pfleeger and Joanne M. Atlee, Prentice Hall. 2010.
If you have any question or concern regarding any specific section of the GQE, you may contact the following faculty members:
- DB: Dr. H. Reza, Dr. W. Hu
- SD: Dr. E. Grant, Dr. H. Reza
If you have any question or concern regarding GQE, please contact, Dr. Hassan Reza at firstname.lastname@example.org .
You will be asked to go to the front desk located at Streibel Hall, Room 201 to register for the exam. It is recommended that you first consult with your advisor before you take GQE.
The results will be announced as soon as possible after the exams are graded.